Browsing Faculty of Law by Author "Osipitan, T"
Now showing 1 - 6 of 6
Results Per Page
- ItemOpen AccessAn Autochthonous Constitution for Nigeria myth or reality?(University of Lagos Press, 2004) Osipitan, TIn this inaugural lecture, Distinguished Professor Taiwo Osipitan, SAN, advocates for an homegrown constitution for the Federal Republic of Nigeria to cater to the specific needs of the various tribes/groups in the Country.
- ItemOpen AccessProblems of proof under the Electoral Act 2002(2005) Osipitan, TThis book chapter examines issues on the law of evidence which are likely to emerge from election petitions.
- ItemOpen AccessPublic Law Perspectives on the Rights of Women in Nigeria(Fourth Dimension Publishers, 2002) Osipitan, TThis book chapter examines some of the rights available to women under Nigerian law. The issues examined in the chapter reveal the existence of some gender sensitive constitutional and statutory provisions aimed at correcting institutional imbalances.
- ItemOpen AccessSafeguarding Judicial Independence under the 1999 Constitution(2004) Osipitan, TThis book chapter examines the role of the judiciary in guaranteeing Nigeria's constitutional democracy and proposes pragmatic steps towards safeguarding the judiciary's independence.
- ItemOpen AccessThe Search for Credible Elections in Nigeria. Electoral Laws and Functional Education in Contemporary Issues in Nigerian Legal Landscape.(Lex Vision Publishers, 2010) Osipitan, TThis book chapter lays out a roadmap for the conduct of credible elections in Nigeria.
- ItemOpen AccessThe search for legitimacy of the 1999 Constitution.(Jericho Publishers, 2006) Osipitan, TThis book chapter tests the correctness or otherwise of the criticism of the 1999 Constitution with respect to its legitimacy.