Browsing Faculty of Management Sciences by Author "Adebisi, S.O"
Now showing 1 - 1 of 1
Results Per Page
- ItemOpen AccessForeign Direct Investment, Export and Economic Growth in Nigeria(European Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences, 2011) Oyatoye, E.O; Arogundade, K.K; Adebisi, S.O; Oluwakayode, E.F.This study examines the possible impact and relationship between Foreign Direct Investment, and Economic Growth in Nigeria. Data used for this study were sourced from annual accounts and statistical bulletin of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN). The scope cover a period of 20 years (1987 – 2006) both years inclusive. Regression analysis of ordinary Least Square ((OLS) was used in analysing the data. The study concluded thatthere is a positive relationship between direct foreign investment and gross domestic product (GDP). The result further showed that one naira increase in the value of direct foreign investment (DFI) will lead to N104.749 increase in GDP. The value of co-efficient of determination (r 2) is 18.5%, showing that only 18.5% change in GDP has been explained by DFI while the remaining 81.5% is unexplained by the model. This supports a positive relationship between GDP and DFI.