Now showing 1 - 5 of 89
- ItemOpen AccessPathways to Sustainable Urbanisation in Africa: Leaning on the Mabogunje Legacy(2023-10-18) Lawanson, T.This is the first year memorial lecture for Professor Akinlawon Ladipo Mabogunje, a Professor of Geography. In this presentation, Prof. Taibat Lawanson highlights the pathways to sustainable urbanization in Africa by honouring a colossus of late Professor Mabogunje in Urban Geography and Management. The speaker opined that agenda 2063 spells out a prosperous vision for the African continent, with a significant role for cities and human settlements, recognizing that ‘’Cities and other settlements are hubs of cultural and economic activities, with modernized infrastructure, and people have access to all the necessities of life including shelter, water, sanitation, energy, public transport and ICT.
- ItemOpen AccessConstitutionalism & democrartic consolidation (Nigeria): a conceptual framework(Academic Staff Union of Universities, UNILAG Branch, Akoka., 1999) Onyekpe, J.G.N.For the development and progress of the therefore- calls for a new constitution. Nigerian State and society, there -is an making process that would-ensure that: urgent need to resolve all outstanding (1) all interest groups are involved; (2) a disproportions and contradictions in the new valufl system focussed on the people system Until the inauguration ofthe present and society as a whole is developed; and administration in May 1999, the political ad- (3) a constitutional government based on ministration and governance ofNigeria had separation ofpower, rule of law and due been dominated by the Armed Forces. The process is entrenched society was thus a victim of the rigid command structure and aulhoritarian value.
- ItemOpen AccessPerceptions of intra-urban train passengers on services in Lagos Metropolis(Faculty of Environmental Sciences, University of Jos, Nigeria, 2011) Agunloye, O.O; Alade, A.AFull texts attached
- ItemOpen AccessSocial and economic effects of road traffic delays on commuters in selected cordons of Lagos, Nigeria(2019) Agunloye, O.O; Salau, T.IFull texts attached
- ItemOpen AccessSocio-economic influence of inter-urban travel demands of road transport passengers in Lagos Metropolis(2018-12) Agunloye, O.O; Nwokoro, I.I.CFull texts attached