Groundwater potential evaluation using surface geophysics at Oru-Imope, South-Western Nigeria
No Thumbnail Available
European Journal of Scientific Research
The application of Electrical resistivity technique in the evaluation of groundwater vpotential and aquifer protective capacity at Oru-Imope, Ogun state, Nigeria, using Schlumberger electrode array has revealed the occurrence of substantial amount of water in the weathered rock (consisting of sand). The resistivity of the weathered layers range from 88.6 to 251.1Ωm.The clay content of the overburden is low and this informed the high groundwater potential rating of the area. It was observed that over 85% of the study area show high groundwater potential rating while the remaining 15% show medium groundwater potential rating. On the other hand, the total longitudinal conductance in the study area varies between 0.07 and 0.18mhos indicating poor to weak protective capacity owing to the high content of sand in the overburden layer. The depths to potential aquifer range from 5 to over 20m.
Geo-electric section , weathered basement , longitudinal conductance , aquifer , Research Subject Categories::TECHNOLOGY
Oyedele, K. F., Ogagarue, D. O., & Esse, O. (2011). Groundwater potential evaluation using surface geophysics at Oru-Imope, South-Western Nigeria. European Journal of Scientific Research, Vol.63(4), 515-522pp.