Now showing 1 - 5 of 106
- ItemOpen AccessMyth as Political Statement in Bessie Head's Fiction(School of Postgraduate Studies, 2009) Chukwuemeka, C.EFull texts attached
- ItemOpen AccessA history of the Cameroon chamber of commerce, industry and Mines 1884-1988(School of Postgraduate Studies, University of Lagos, Akoka, 1993) Halle, A.MThe impact of western capitalism and colonialism on Africa and Third world economics has been a major focus of study of many scholars. Yet the modes and organs of the capitalist impact have not been fully discussed.
- ItemOpen AccessRitual imagination in selected plays of J.P. Clark, Ola Rotimi and Wole Soyinka(School of Postgraduate Studies, University of Lagos, Akoka, 1994-06) Edhagha, H.OIf we examine the writings and opinions of African philosophers, creative writers, religious leaders and social critics, it would be revealed that there is great concern about the abandonment of values and mores which can held communities in close affinity. As a result, there has been a call for a return to those thought-patterns and acts which are profond, which serve or represent the spiritual factor in the lives of human beings.
- ItemOpen AccessPerspectives on change: a comparative study of selected writings of Ngugi Wa Thiong'o and Athol Fugardd(School of Postgraduate Studies of the University of Lagos, Akoka, 1993-06) Ojukwu, C.FThis study 'perspectives on change: a comparative study of selected writings of Ngugi Wa Thiong'O and Athol Fugard is an exploration of the central idea of change not merely as a quest after some chimera, but principally as a methodical pursuit aimed at the re-ordering of society and assertion of the equal humanity of all men in the works of Ngugi and Fugard.
- ItemOpen AccessA study of the major types of ritual poetry of the Igbo(School of Postgraduate Studies of the University of Lagos, Akoka, 1993-07) Ezikeojiaku, P.AThis thesis is an indepth study of the poetic qualities of one distinctive form of Igbo traditional poetry, namely, the traditional ritual poetry, Abu-ofife